Friday, May 11, 2012
Along for the trip:
* the iPad, so I can re-watch "Exit Thru the Gift Shop", a documentary directed by Banksy about street art
* my short story collection notebook
* my Kindle, on which I'm currently reading "To the Lighthouse" by Virginia Woolf; "Karaoke Culture", a book of essays on how amateurs are ruling our creative culture nowadays with "text message novels" and "Twitterature" and how we need to stop letting them get away with it - it has fantastic insights and the most outrageous examples (I got the book cuz I wrote something recently about how people need to shut up in public places); and re-reading "The Yellow Wallpaper"
* "Nausea" by Jean Paul Sartre, which I haven't started reading yet; I'm bracing myself before I do cuz I feel it's going to inspire/influence me immensely
* wallet of vandalism stickers
* a booklet of "Sex Scratchers", which contains about 100 sexual lottery tickets
Hope y'all have a nice Mother's Day weekend too.